Comment on page
The reporting feature allows you to define different types of activity reports for analysis purposes
Reports are conveniently generated through the Reporting API or the UI. You can also schedule automated email delivery or generate them manually. These reports, available in PDF format, mirror the UI with graphs and data.
Tags filtering enables a single report to encompass multiple instances
Various report types correspond to specific Datasentinel features, catering to diverse requirements
You can select the Full Report option to gain a holistic overview of the entire workload.
Complete Feature Analysis in Full Report
Alternatively, you can choose to focus on a single specific feature
PostgreSQL Cluster Metrics
Comprehensive Query Analysis Report
It's worth highlighting that during report creation, your existing filters and selected time window remain intact, unless it's a scheduled report. This applies similarly to your chosen dimension parameters when applicable.
Reports are accessible through this icon on the top right on most of screens
You can also go directly to the reporting feature by clicking on the icon
- The report type might be non-modifiable based on the originating screen. For instance, when accessing the session history dashboard, you're restricted to selecting only the session history report type.
- The report can be restricted to a specific database, with the default option being All databases.
Opting to download the report results in its direct generation and download to your PC.
You have the ability to customize the email subject and send the report to multiple recipients.
Email Reporting Options
If you wish to schedule a report and have it sent via email at consistent intervals, you can opt for this mode.
- Choose the day and the hour you want the report to be executed
- The frequency can be daily or weekly
- The activity time range corresponds to the time window chosen when the report starts
The report starts always 3 minutes after the time chosen to ensure you get the latest representative metrics
You can manage scheduled reports directly from the UI in the reporting section.
- Change report properties
- Delete a report
- View of the execution history by clicking on the desired report
An administrator-level user has the capability to oversee all reports, whereas a user with privileges lower than administrator can solely manage their own reports.
You can access the execution history of all your reports, including information about their duration and current status.