Comment on page
Sep 1, 2023
Enhanced provider selection functionality: added the ability to choose a provider from a predefined list of values.Added Fujitsu Enterprise Postgres as a new provider option when configuring a new instance.When selecting this provider, the port is automatically set to their default port.
May 10, 2023
Tooling is now available as scripts that can be run in a terminal window on one or multiple platforms, enabling you to collect information about Datasentinel’s configuration.
Datasentinel is now available on Red Hat Linux 9-compatible distributions such as Rocky Linux 9 or AlmaLinux 9
The version of Python used for the backend and the agent has been upgraded to a more recent version, as well as the dependencies used.
March 13, 2023
Datasentinel seamlessly integrates with LDAP for user authentication.
- When multiple parameter changes are detected, only the last one is displayed (needs agent v3.3)
- Error when retrieving query texts of specific queries (python drivers)
February 15, 2023
Lock explorer makes it easy to identify blocking sessions during blocked session issues, along with the associated queries and locks.By continuously monitoring lock activity, Datasentinel offers insights into your database’s state and assists you in addressing issues by generating blocking scenarios that give comprehensive information about lock activity during blocked session incidents.
To take advantage of lock explorer capabilities, ensure your agents are updated to at least version 3.0 or higher
Improved detection of changed parameters. A graphical annotation is now included in the main dashboard graphs to clearly indicate when a parameter change has been detected.
The Agent version 3.2, introduces the Collection Level feature allowing you to choose the metrics to monitor.
The embedded PostgreSQL database is now in version 14 during a full installation
- Query and Session history reports do not complete if query texts cannot be integrated in the PDF.
- Execution plans are not displayed when using pg_store_plans >=1.6 on a PostgreSQL cluster < 14.
- Values of type Decimal returned from Postgresql cannot be serialized to JSON format when using the alerting module.
November 13, 2022
Alerting is a new feature in this version, enabling seamless monitoring of your PostgreSQL clusters and providing instant notifications for any detected issues.
To take advantage of alerting capabilities, ensure your agents are updated to at least version 3.0 or higher
The number of physical replications is now displayed as a badge in the instance statistics dashboard.
- Minor bugs fixed
July 19, 2022
User action auditing mechanism.
June 20, 2022
A flag per execution option has been introduced in the Top Queries module, enabling you to calculate metrics on a per-execution basis. For instance, you can display queries that incur the highest disk reads for each execution.
- Retrieval of query execution statistics improved
June 1, 2022
Datasentinel now makes it possible to monitor all the clusters (primary, replicas) of a cascading PostgreSQL replication.
To take advantage of lock explorer capabilities, ensure your agents are updated to at least version 2.9.5 or higher
May 5, 2022
Correlating system activity with PostgreSQL activity becomes even easier and more efficient
- Server: busy time
- Server: load
- Server: server reads
- Server: server writes
- Server: read time
- Server: write time
- Server: swap
- Server: swap activity
- Server: memory
- Server: network bytes
- Server: network packets
- Better fluidity of navigation on the graphical interface
March 31, 2022
- Stopping the backend service now kills any remaining process
- The scheduler now works in local time and not in utc time
- The platform and the agent are compatible with the latest version of pg_store_plans (1.6.1)
March 7, 2022
Customize and generate a report in a few clicks.Can include one or multiple instances.Ability to filter the report on a particular database.Schedule your daily or weekly reports at the chosen date and time with sending to a mailing list.Multiple types of predefined reports.
January 31, 2022
- Performance improvements on the homepage
- Better handling when an influxdb problem occurs. (Agent detection)
Oct 18, 2021
The platform is now accessible via Docker and Kubernetes.
July 26, 2021
Manage users and roles through the API.
The platform is now available on Debian Buster and Debian Stretch distributions
The agent is available as a container image.
- When transitioning to a new PostgreSQL cluster, DataSentinel now automatically selects all databases when the chosen database selection is unavailable. This prevents errors from occurring.
To take advantage of this fix, ensure your agents are updated to at least version 2.6.0 or higher
May 01, 2021
You now have the capability to monitor your complete architecture, including both the master and read-only replicas.
To take advantage of this feature, ensure your agents are updated to at least version 2.6.0 or higher
Apr 01, 2021
Directly view the activity of your instances or groups of instances thanks to the customisable charts.